Thursday, January 3, 2008

1/3/08

Yesterday's practice was brutal!

We warmed up with a 2 mile run around the campus.
Drilled for 15 mins. Than wrestled live for 40 mins.
To finish practice we ran beep drills, which are timed laps around our indoor track. We ran 4 singles in 30 secs and two doubles( twice around in about 1:30).
Finished Practice with two sets of dead lifts and power cleans, by this time I only had 135 on the bar to focus on my power.
I weighed out at 215.5.

Today I woke up around 10:30. I weighed 217.5 which is great.

I wanted to start the day of with a good breakfast:
1 cup of egg whites
1 Chicken Cutlet
On a whole wheat wrap.
With 1/2 cup of Oatmeal
I washed it all down with 1 scoop of whey protein.

I figure it was a nice meal, protein- 50 g , Carbs 50 g, Fat around 7g
For supplements I took my multivitamin, tbs of Flax, and a Joint repair supplement.

I felt pretty good going into practice today, I was only a little sore from the day before.

To start practice I jogged for 20 mins on the tread at 1% incline at 6.5 mph. It kept my heart rate around 155.
Next I drilled hard for 30 mins, and we wrestled live for 30 mins. We finished practice with a couple sets of suicides in the room. My legs were exhausted, but I wasn't to out of breath and I recovered rather quickly. I ended with a ten min cool down on the exercise bike and a circuit of abs.

I weighed out at 214.4!

I took a nice contrast shower and I was ready to relax. My post workout meal was a new creation for me, 2 scoops of chocolate whey, 1/2 cup of oat meal, and a 1/2 cup of raspberries. I don't know if I quite like it yet I might just eat the rapsberries on the side.

Tonight I will be relaxing, tomm we have a light practice and than a long 5 hr bus ride to Williams College in Mass. for a tournament on sat. Unfortunately I cannot wrestle yet because I am still too heavy and if I wrestle HWT, I lose my certification at 197. I just have to get in a couple good workouts over the weekend to keep my weight down.

No comments: