Woke up today at 215.5, I worked out on the bike last night, so I could eat some chicken, and still keep my weight down. I had a solid breakfast this morning which included: a cup of egg whites, a scoop of whey protein mixed with water, a banana, a cup of green tea, and a 1/2 cup of oatmeal. I was really full after this meal and it only added two pounds of weight which is awesome.
Today's practice was lighter because of the match tommorow, but since I'm not wrestling I wanted to get in a solid workout. We got to choose the run of our choice outside today. So I chose a short distance course with a large hill towards the end. The hill is steep and is probably 150 yds long. When I got there I sprinted to the top sending my heart rate around 190. The rest of the run was flat and my heart recovered from about 180 to 130 in about 2 1/2 mins. The rest of practice we drilled for about 30 mins at a high intensity. After practice I did 3 sets of bench press and bent over row. I did as many reps as I could for each set with about 1 min break between sets. I weighed out today at a new all time low of 212.9!
For my post workout meal I modified my new super shake. 2 scoops of whey protien, 1 banana, and 1/2 cup of this granola called bear-naked which tastes awesome. It tastes greats and is great for a post workout meal.
I will probably get another 30 mins on the bike tonight to keep my metabolism going, I think I should be able to make weight by next sat. My arrival at 197 will be just in time for our first conference match with Gettysburg and Johns Hopkins.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment