Monday, January 14, 2008

First day of the my Last Semester

Well I can't believe it, but today was the first day of my last semester already. I'm going to enjoy everyday from here on out as much as I can, because before I know it will be over.

Its going to be a great semester though, And I busted my but the past semesters so I only have three classes this semester. This set up is going to be great for training, I have two classes on Mondays, none on Tuesday, Two on Wed, One night class on Thursday, and a class on Fridays.

This class schedule is also going to give me an opportunity to study for the CSCS exam, which is the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists. This is the top notch certification for personal trainers who especially want to train athletes. I will be able to sit for the exam upon receiving my degree, even though my degree will be in Accounting and Finance. I should be ready to take the test in early June.

One thing I can't believe about college is the worthless information professors burden us with. Today in my finance class, the teacher spent an entire hour going over the characteristics of a dollar bill. How its made by Crane paper company, its 6 inches long, but its not really made on paper its on a linen material. My question is who really cares, sometimes I just wonder why are we not learning something that is going to help us in the future. But at least I'll be prepared for future chance on a game show.

Enough about class and more about training, after my class I went to the gym ran the indoor track for 10 mins at a good pace. Next I did 4 sets of Dead lifts and a 2 sets of a back circuit. I need to keep my lifts on days we have practice short and efficient.
Dead lift
225lbs x 5 for 4 sets
Back Circuit 2 sets
Lat Pull Down @ 60lbs for 30s to Low pulley row @ 60lbs for 30 secs.

Post workout meal was a nice egg white omelet with assorted vegetables, and a half cup of oatmeal.

In the afternoon I had one more class & than practice.
Practice went well it was hard, but quick. We finished up with a swimming pool workout to help our bodies recover a little bit.

The best news of the day was my weight at the end of practice an all-time low of 209 ! I couldn't be happier and I can't wait to wrestle in my first match.

No comments: