We left friday afternoon for our long bus ride to Williams College in Mass. It was a long 5 1/2 hour bus ride, I watched a very long King Kong and still had 2 hours to go. Our team did very well on Saturday in a very tough tournament, featuring tough teams that our nationally ranked . These teams included Williams, Ithaca, Norwich, Roger Williams, Johnson & Whales University, & good team from Iowa - Simpson College. We took 5th overrall & had three champions @ 141, 149, and HWT. One second place at 184, and a fourth & sixth place. 6 place winners is pretty good out of 10 weight classes, not to mention our 149lber Rob won OW. OW is the outstanding wrestler of the tournament or you can look at it as the MVP. Rob was seeded 5th and upset the Nationally ranked top seed from Ithaca in the semifinals pretty handily. He easily won in the finals. Although it was frustrating to be there all day and not be able to wrestle, it was great to see my team perform so well.
We got home around 12am on Sunday. I got a good night sleep, and now I can enjoy some football. For breakfast, I broke away from the norm and ate some leftover turkey chili and salad. Although it seems weird, however who got to decide what had to be served for each meal. Its much healthier to eat a bowl of turkey chili which is low and fat and high in protien, than to indulge in a typical breakfast of sausage, eggs, and pancakes.
For today's training I will ride a bike that I brought from home to my apartment. I'll do some interval training, where I'll do some high intensity sprints for 30 seconds, take 30 off, and repeat for 7 mins. I'm going for a total of 7 mins to try and simulate a real match. I would like to be able to do 3 matches today, but will see how it goes. In between matches I am going to do a circuit of exercises such as pushups, crunches, body squats, lunges, and some other excercises for some strength work.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment