Thursday, January 3, 2008

About my blog

I created this post as a way to keep what I call Team Swensen informed and updated about my wrestling season. Or for anyone who would be interested in my journey from a 1st team all conference defensive end at 245lbs to 197lb wrestler.

Team Swensen- are all the people that have helped me get to where I am today.
  • My Amazing Parents and my family
  • Trainers- Cornell Key and Jon Kalnas
  • Nutritionist - Tom Bilella
  • My Chef- my mother
  • My HS Coach-Coach Shep
  • Current SJV wrestling coaches- Coach Smith & Coach Marsh
  • My Great HS teachers
I'm currently training for the 2008 wrestling season. After a long successful football season, my time has been significantly shortened to cut down from 235 to 197.

Over holiday break, I trained at TEST Sports Clubs in Tinton Falls, NJ. I knew going back to my trainers, Jon and Cornell that got me ready for a great football season, could put me through some tough workouts for the week and a half I was home.

I weighed 225 the week before Christmas, by the time I came back I was fluctuating between 221 and 219.

I worked out 6 times at the gym over the break and these workouts had my heart rate around 180 bpm for most of the hour. We focused on strength to start the workouts and than moved on to conditioning these all the muscles in my body. These workouts were brutal.

With this transformation, I need to have a great nutrition plan. I have very little time to cut my weight down, but I need to stay as strong as possible. I lost a lot of weight in high school to cut from 225 to 189, but I have a lot more muscle on my body now.

To properly plan my diet, I contacted long time friend and nutrition expert Tom Bilella. Tom helped me in highschool for the first time I cut weight, and he has helped me to gain weight for football as well. I knew I could count on him to help me one last time in my last Collegiate Athletic season. Tom told me that I should reach about 1900 calories a day with a proper ratio of proteins, carbs, and fats that he perscribed to me.

I returned back to school on January 1,2008. We had our first practice of the New Year at 6. Practice went well, I'm in much better shape this year coming back from the break than I've been in the past.

The next post will have an update about my training, diet, and weight.

No comments: