Thursday, January 10, 2008

Post Match Results

We fell short yesterday dropped two close matches to NYU and E-town. We lost by 3 & 4 pts in each match. As a spectator I felt the team wrestled tough made a few mistakes, but the biggest difference was that our team did not get bonus pts when the other team did. Bonus pts meaning pins, major decisions ( win by 8) , or techinical fall(win by 15).

I'm still being very disciplined with my diet, I am continuing to train hard for my conditioning, strength, and wrestling skills, and I am being very proactive with my recovery ( Icing, stretching, contrast showers). The contrast showers have been very effective in helping me recover from these vigorous workouts. A typical contrast shower will be right after practice, Ill use hot water for a couple of minutes then switch to as cold of water as I can get for 15 to 20 seconds. I complete about 5 cycles like this. The purpose of these types of showers is the quick change in temperature shocks my the circulations system to help speed up the recovery of my body.

Besides the training and eating, the past couple days I have been reading a lot of articles on the psychology of wrestling. I have been working a lot on visualization techiniques as well as relaxation techniques. I feel this area of my training needs the most amount of work. I know its cliche, but the body can only be as strong as your mind.

My conditioning is really starting to come along now, Today I ran the hill course ( Teeq Hill we call it ) much faster than on Tuesday. I feel great in all aspects, I couldn't be happier with my progress. I weighed out at 212 today. As soon as I get down to 197 this year is going to be a special wrestling season for TEAM SWENSEN!

No comments: