So after all the hardwork, I weighed in on Sat 196.8! We wrestled Gettysburg first and they didn't have a 197lber. Our team got the forfeit, which gave me more time to rehydrate.
I felt good by the time I wrestle Johns Hopkins, it was a good match to see where I stood in the weight class. I wrestled last years conference finalist at 197, and he was previously ranked in the Top 7 in the country. The first period was a good period, we both felt each other styles and I had a couple good scoring opportunities, but the score was 0-0. He chose the bottom position in the 2nd period, eventually escaped and the score was now 1-0 him. In the third period unsure of his skills on top, I decided I would be best to go for the score. I chose neutral to start the third and the third period was just like the first. I missed a couple clutch scoring opportunities, and the match ended in my defeat 1-0.
For my first match back I felt it was a pretty good showing. The lost might have been the best thing for me. After the match I grew even hungrier for a Conference Championship, and now I knew it was in reach with some quality hardwork over the next month.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment